I have been dubbed the Versatile Blogger by Dhaami over at Gossamer Dreams! This chain award is passed from blogger to blogger and I think it is pretty cool. I am eagerly awaiting my statuette which seems to have gone walkabout in the mail…
According to the “rules” of the award I have to:
- Link back to the blogger that gave me the award
- Tell you 7 things about myself.
- Choose 15 other blogs to pass the award to.
- Inform the other bloggers that I’m passing the award to them.
Luckily, unlike those chain letters of middle-school, nothing bad will happen if you break the chain or don’t follow orders.
Me X 7 =
1. Katherine and I just celebrated (4/27/11) our 34th anniversary. 4/27/77 - I stayed over at her little off campus house – and never left. 4/27/85 we married.
2. Despite blogging about a river, I do not know how to sail and am, at best, a mediocre swimmer. I also do not eat fish.
3. I have always loved cemeteries at night (Abigail accuses me of secretly being Goth – I think this accusation also has something to do with her discovering that I wore a long cape as a teenager)
4. I have visited (put my foot down on the ground) all 48 of the contiguous United States but have not been to Alaska or Hawaii.
5. I was not permitted to play baseball at my high school because I would not cut my hair. I transferred schools but missed an entire season. There went my dreams of being the next Sandy Koufax or Ted Williams.
6. I believe that I have never been further north than The Isle of Skye; further south than San Jose, Costa Rica; further east than Antalya, Turkey; further west than Eureka, California.
7. As a child I lived in staff housing on the grounds of a State Hospital for the Mentally Ill in Massachusetts. For several summers as a teenager I returned to work as an attendant. I worked on the acute intake ward and several of the locked wards.
15 blogs (in no order) that deserve such an honor (Unfortunately I can’t give it back to Dhaami as that would seem ungrateful but do check her blog out).
1. One Wild and Precious Life by Carla – NOLA, all New Orleans all the time (check out her other blogs too!)
2. Seasweetie\’s Pages – One woman, one life – a new journey and great pictures
3. Mouth To Source|The Hudson River – a more news oriented, less impressionistic view of the river
4. Ephemeral New York – “Chronicling an ever-changing city through faded and forgotten artifacts”…”The site is the creation of a magazine editor from the West Village”
5. Kattsby – by Rebekah – a woman from Sweden who moved to Canada in 2004 for love.
6. Hudson Line Rider – by George Kimmerling – exploring the visual and social landscape of his daily commute by Metro North on the Hudson Line
7. huevolution – by p25Eddie – a beautiful photoblog
8. Slice of Life - arturosx – Greek – amamzing photoblog. Has not posted since 4/14. Hope he comes back
9. astrawally - Astra Wally – Just walking around taking amazing photographs
10. Hudson\’s World - A special interest blog from Brazil about chiclids (pikes). I admire the dedication, his photographs and the thirst for knowledge exhibited here
11. Dreamz Happen Quiltz - Another special interest blog. I know less about quilts than I do about pikes but she tells a good tale about stuff I don’t get.
12. bwinwnbwimusic - A blog about the past, the future, the present, but mainly (at this point) about an adventure in Hawaii in 1973
13. The Purple Yam - A brilliant restaurant in Brooklyn. Romy and Amy have an amazing restaurant. If you are ever in NYC or if you have never tasted the food of the Phillipines , GO!
14. Urban Hawks - A great blog about our raptor friends (although the most recent post has very sad news about rodentcide possibly being responsible for killing the Father Hawk and the problems that will leave the Mother)
15. Creaky Toes – Grace – A go where you will blog through the mind of an about to graduate college senior.
Take some time and check them out…
There are other blogs I might have included but Dhaami tagged them already (Looking at you Lee and Kieran)