Leanne Cole runs a very interesting blog out of Australia. Every Tuesday for the last 35 weeks she has run a challenge she calls Monochrome Madness. I am an occasional contributor since that is not my particular bent but many people submit some amazing work. You really should click on the link and check it out.
This week I took one of my favorite color photos and monochromed it as my entry. You can see it and comment on it on Leanne’s blog but here it is.
I have been learning the new Canon Mark III 5D I won in a raffle at Photo Plus Expo and thought I would take it down to the river. Lots of birds out and about. I also thought I would do some serious work in Lightroom afterwards with one image.
I really like the camera. I need to learn it a bit better before I take it out and do a shoot out between it and the Nikon D800 but that is for 2014.
Meanwhile here are some birds. The first shot is just to set the scene:
and the Lightroom worked shot.
For some time now I have been following Broken Light: A Photography Collective.
Today, The Accidental Cootchie Mama got all directive in her blog and told her readers to connect with the blogger who commented above them. To say I am not in that kind of mood is an understatement. But, I am not really as misanthropic as that may sound, so I decided that rather than my meeting someone new, I would introduce you to someone new. Broken Light seemed the right blog to point to. I strongly suggest you wander over to their site (follow the link at top of page) and check out the work.
The simplest explanation the Collective gives of itself is:
“We are photographers living with or affected by mental illness; supporting each other one photograph at a time. Join our community, submit today!”
They do not limit the contributors to those who are specifically diagnosed with an illness, they also have contributors who work in the field or who have affected family members. People of all levels from beginner to top professionals have submitted work since I have been following the blog. I really believe that it is worth your attention.
I had a long post about the Boro Walk planned for today but our internet is awful (Thanks Time-Warner Cable! You truly suck), so I am going in a different direction. Taken from our friends, Roy, Anne and Eva’s house this evening. Classic horizon.
A few other views:
- Cerknica Lake Horizons | piran café
- 26: Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- Horizon |By: Valentina Cirasola | Author and Designer | Valentina Expressions
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon | A Convergence of Vision
- 2013 Road Trip Photos #17: Open Sea, Infinite Horizon | Midlife Crisis Crossover
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon | Foto de Moto
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon | ozone.thunderstorms.gunpowder.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon |
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Horizon | Tvor Travels
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon | Widya’s world
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon | Random Escapade