We took a little road trip over the past three days, visiting friends in Clinton Corners, NY and Northampton, MA. While we were on the road the weekly photo challenge was released with the theme Nostalgic.
Since we were in Northampton I decided to take a walk on the beautiful Smith College campus and found my way to their botanical gardens. In the garden is a beautiful male Ginkgo biloba Maidenhair Tree; aka GINKGOACEAE. It was planted in 1901 as part of Frederick Law Olmstead‘s original landscape plan.
I thought everything from its name, to its age, to its planner, made for nostalgia.
Here are a few other nostalgic views:
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Lonely Travelog
- Water from the wells of home | wingrish
- Nostalgic | Cloud and Mountain
- Nostalgic: The Selati Line | de Wets Wild
- Beach Nostalgia | Breathing Space
- Old postcard (but new) | From My Horizon
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Nostaglic | The Syllabub Sea
- In My Life | Not the Family Business!
- Photo Project: 52 Bolivian Sundays [week 27, ‘Nostalgic’]. | 3rdculturechildren
- WP Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Belo Horizonte daily photo
- Weekly Photo Challenge | Nostalgic – The Return | silverbackpacker.com
- Adriatique Coast – Cattolica – Weekly challenge – Nostalgic – Italy | parislux